Law & Ethics:
How to Write a 10-Minute Treatment Plan
Barbara Griswold, LMFT
This 3-CE on-demand Law & Ethics training will be available for purchase through December 31, 2022.
Law & Ethics: How to Write a 10-Minute Treatment Plan (recorded program)
- The recorded program is available immediately upon purchasing this training. You will receive an email with the subject "Purchase confirmation and instructions" which includes the link to watch the training.
3 CEs available once all training requirements are completed (watch program in full, pass post-test and submit course evaluation)
On-Demand Program - watch at your convenience! Must be completed before December 31, 2022.
Another recorded 3-CE Law & Ethics training on "What Should Be in Your Notes -- But Probably Isn't" will be available, also taught by Barbara Griswold. Please register for that separately at this link.
This is the recorded version of this training.
A treatment plan can protect both you and your clients, ensuring all parties have a clear understanding of the goals and progress being made. This webinar will give you the tools to help you write a brief treatment plan that fulfills the expectations of insurance and other oversight agencies.
- How treatment plans are different than progress notes
- The bare essentials of a treatment plan
- How to choose goals — and which goals to avoid
- How objectives differ from goals
- How to choose and describe interventions
- How to update plans - and how often you should
- How Medical Necessity Criteria of health plans affect goals
Sample treatment plans will be provided to participants.
- Identify the four main components of a good treatment plan
- Define the difference between treatment goals and objectives
- Choose goals that are related to the diagnosis and medically necessary, so that they meet with insurance plan approval
- Identify the biggest mistake therapists make when documenting planned interventions
- Define "S.M.A.R.T." goals, and "The Golden Thread" of documentation
Participants will receive 3 Law & Ethics CEs after watching this course in full and completing a Speaker Evaluation and short post-test.
For an additional 3 Law & Ethics CEs, please also sign up for "Law & Ethics: What Should Be in Your Progress Notes - And Probably Isn't".
- $45 - RECAMFT Licensed Members and Licensed Members of other CAMFT chapters
- $20 - RECAMFT Pre-Licensed Members and Pre-Licensed members of other CAMFT chapters
- $65 - General Admission (open to the public, non-members of CAMFT)
About Barbara Griswold
Barbara is a private practice consultant and the author of Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance -- And Whether You Should, now out in its 8th edition. In private practice in San Jose, she has been interviewed on NPR's “Morning Edition," and her articles have appeared in Psychotherapy Networker and The Therapist magazines. She is a past member of CAMFT’s State Ethics Committee and Board of Directors, and former Oral Examiner for the BBS. Her passion is helping therapists nationwide to master the business side of their practices. She invites members to contact her at her website, NavigatingtheInsuranceMaze.com.
On-Demand Video, a link to the recording will be emailed to registrants.
RECAMFT thanks our Sponsors for their generous help with our educational programs!
Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #57173) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Disability Accommodation: To request an accommodation for a disability, please email email@example.com.
Refunds: Refunds are available only if requested on or before July 10th by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds available after that date, because this program is offered as an on-demand recorded program per the terms described in this listing.
CE Certificate: You must view the entire recorded program, and complete a post test and an evaluation, in order to receive your CE credit certificate. Once you complete and submit your evaluation, you will have immediate access and be able to print or save your CE Certificate. This course meets the qualifications for 3.0 hrs of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Grievances: direct grievances to email@example.com, and/or the chapter president at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redwood Empire Chapter of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists is a CAMFT Approved Continuing Education Provider: Provider #57173.