RECAMFT's 3000 Hour Club presents our February Speaker Series for our Pre-Licensed Members:
Gina Culver, LMFT
"Working with Clients Presenting with Psychosis Symptoms", first hour.
Group discussion available in the second hour.
Students, Trainees and Associates are all welcome!!
Due to the rain and flu/COVID/RSV spikes, RECAMFT's 3000 Hour Club for Prelicensed Members will meet on Zoom for Jan, Feb and March 2023 and feature a different speaker each time.
Friday, Feb. 3rd, 2023
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Your hosts: Jessica Heaney, AMFT and Debbie Melmon, LMFT.
- Learn different ways to work with clients presenting with psychosis symptoms
- Review safety, both personal and for clients, during treatment
- Gain an understanding of how psychosis impairs clients' functioning
- Gain knowledge about contributing factors of clients developing psychosis symptoms
Your prelicensed event
A look at what therapy tools to use with clients presenting with psychosis symptoms, what psychosis is and is not, and supports for both therapists and clients when working with this population.
Gina Culver, LMFT is a Program Director at LifeWorks of Sonoma County. She is also the 2023 President of RECAMFT, and has been serving on the RECAMFT Board of Directors in a variety of roles over many years now, ever since becoming a pre-licensed member of the chapter. You can read more about Gina's practice specialties at her PsychologyToday profile.
Coordinated by RECAMFT Prelicensed Director at Large Jessica Heaney, AMFT and RECAMFT Outreach Chair Debbie Melmon, LMFT.
Register online here.
Once RECAMFT registration is confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom link (or for in-person events, the location information). If you do not receive it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Important notes
- The 3000 Hour Club meets on the first Friday of the month from January-June and September-December.
- Register for each event separately.
- This group is not supervision nor a replacement for supervision. Members are asked to bring all legal and ethical issues, as well as challenging cases and topics that may arise at any 3000-Hour Club activities, to their supervisors for discussion and treatment planning.
- During the discussion portion: Specific names as well as identifying features of clients will not be used or discussed. We will practice active listening and effective communication skills, refrain from advice giving and cross-talk, and encourage inquiry and input from our own experiences.
- No CEs available from attendance at pre-licensed events and no "credit" is available.
- This event will not be recorded. If you'd like to hear the presentation, please plan to join us for the "live" talk on Zoom on the day of the event.
Help us spread the word to other pre-licensed folks!
Please share these links with others:
Event coordinators can be reached at RECAMFTPreLicensed@gmail.com
Upcoming 2023 Dates
Find more events here.
Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Redwood Empire Chapter CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.